You have spent a lot of time developing your website, ensuring that it meets the needs of your customers. You also spend a lot of time on your social media channels interacting with your target audience. It seems like these two ways of communicating should work together, right?
With the right strategy, they can. You want to link your website and your social media platforms in a way that not only appeals to your audience but gives them easy ways to interact with you.
Here are 5 tips to do exactly that!
- Allow your website visitors to repost your website content through social sharing buttons. This is especially important for your product pictures and descriptions, news, events, and blog posts. You want your visitors to be able to easily share items of interest they find on your website including what they just bought!
- Directly embed social media posts into your website articles or blog posts. This is existing content that you can repurpose. And your website visitors can click on that social media post to see your other posts and even follow you.
- Ask customers to use a specific hashtag when posting photos of themselves using your product. These photos can then be featured on your website. What a great seal of approval — actual customers using your product and posting about it on social media. When you repost these photos on your website, you are gaining a unique (and free) third-party endorsement while making your customers feel loved and appreciated.
- If your site has a section that people need to sign up for, allow them to sign up using a social media profile. Research shows that 73 percent of users prefer to login with a current social media account rather than have to remember a new username/password.
- Use the login section as the place to hide away some content available only to your social media followers. This content could include how-to articles about your product, exclusive sales information or even a place for customers to share tips and experiences with your product.
These tips are just the tip of the iceberg (see what we did there?). We can help you determine the best ways for you to integrate your social media and website efforts. As you can see, it’s not that hard!