We are small but mighty.
We are a growing web design, development, and strategy team with an office in New Albany, Ohio. We have crafted successful strategies, beautifully designed web and mobile applications, e-commerce and marketing sites for startups and small businesses all across the U.S.
We provide competitive pay and benefits in a fun and relaxed working environment. Each employee provides an integral piece to each project by contributing his/her unique talents. Our transparent and flexible environment gives everyone a voice. We believe in open office space, snacks and coffee on tap, team lunches every week, and lots of fun professional development opportunities (like SXSW Interactive, Future of Web Design, DrupalCon, CodeMash). We are a team with an active sense of humor, so scrooges need not apply!
Do you have a passion for making an impact on startups and small businesses? Whether you’re fresh out of college or a seasoned pro, Buckeye Interactive is looking for someone who is passionate about new techniques and open-source technologies. Our next Software Engineer is someone who can take ownership of entire features, quickly shift gears between projects, and who never has trouble finding more work to do. Our engineers can troubleshoot with the best of ’em, so your critical thinking and problem-solving skills are very important to us too.
Our technology stack can vary, but typically includes:
- PHP (Laravel, WordPress, Drupal, and/or other Frameworks [CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Symphony, etc])
- Grid Layouts/Frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation or other)
- MySQL, PostgreSQL (or other relational DB)
- Git hosted on Phabricator, Bitbucket, or Github
- Development environments using docker
- Deployment with ansible and docker
Our next Software Engineer is someone who:
- Desires to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, agency environment and is able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Enjoys the support and shared learning experience from a group of peers who are just as passionate about web and mobile technology.
- Has a genuine curiosity about how things work.
- Enjoys helping team members, mentoring, and teaching others.
- Works in a variety of programming and scripting languages, and is willing to learn new ones as needed.
- Has experience building modern web applications using both server and client side technologies.
- Has a strong grasp of relational database system fundamentals. Knowledge of additional database systems such as columnar, key-value stores, and document-oriented is a plus.
- Manages Linux servers from a software perspective. Previous use of automated provisioning and deployment tools is also helpful.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply Software Engineering principles (such as data structures and algorithms) to real-world problems.
- Has solid judgment and is able to articulate trade-offs between design & feasibility, knowing when to hack or invest.
Prior experience is a must, preferably with multiple public-facing websites. Be prepared to share and discuss past design projects.
Our next web designer should possess the following qualifications:
- Passionate about web and mobile technology
- Degree in Graphic/Interactive/Web Design (or equivalent work experience)
- 3-5 years of web design experience
- Excellent communication skills with internal team and external clients
- Must have a social media presence (Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn at a minimum)
- Must have an online portfolio — come on, you do this for a living
Our next web designer should meet the following skill requirements:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- CSS (including cross-browser compliant CSS-based layout)
- jQuery (preferred)
- WordPress (preferred)
- PHP (optional)