Tech Terms: WordPress Plugin
What is a WordPress plugin?
“A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites.”
In essence, WordPress plugins can give your website some pretty cool features without you having to do much coding. On top of that, they integrate seamlessly with your WordPress website. If you don’t know much about coding and you’re looking for more ways to add value to your site, your interest has probably been piqued.
Where can I find them?
You can find thousands of free WordPress plugins in the WordPress plugin directory.
Things to keep in mind before installing a WordPress plugin:
- Plugins can require frequent updates.
- They can at times break the code already on your site.
- Pre-built plugins do not come with tech support.
- Installing them can put your site at risk for security vulnerabilities.
Nonetheless, partnering with the right technology partner will ensure these concerns are taken care of.
At the end of the day, you really can’t build a website without plugins. The advantages of plugins far outweigh the disadvantages.
- They’re user-friendly.
- They help you achieve the goals of your website.
- There are over 50,000 options for you to choose from.
- They’re worth your time and investment.
If you’re not sure what to install on your site, look no further. We rounded up the top WordPress plugins we think every site needs. Be sure to take a look!
We always recommend reaching out to your technology partner for assistance when installing these plugins. If there is a functionality you are looking for, please reach out to us! We can either help you find a WordPress plugin that is already built or we can build a custom one for you.