Enhancing Your Website With Apps
But there are also apps that can be added to a website to enhance the user experience. Examples of this type of app include Google Maps, YouTube, PayPal, and Yelp. Notice that these apps are also apps that you can download to your phone as stand-alone apps.
Why would you want to add these types of apps to your website? Apps can add to the user experience while keeping visitors on your site.
Here are a few ways you can enhance your website by adding apps:
· Google Maps: Add this in your “contact us” section, so people can easily access directions to your location.
· PayPal: If you are selling online or have a reason to take payment from your website, add PayPal to your website. It’ll definitely make it easier for your visitors to become your customers.
· YouTube: Add this if you have videos that you want your visitors to see. Videos could be of your product, how it’s made, how it’s used, and how it’s put together. Or you could include a video of your staff participating in a fundraising event. Or you could have training videos on your website. Use your imagination as videos are a great way to get and keep people engaged with your site.
· Instagram: Adding Instagram to your website allows you to create content for one platform but share it on two. Less work but more impact.
· Google Calendar: Adding a calendar app to your website will allow visitors to see a schedule of your events or even schedule a meeting with you.
There is value in adding apps like these to your website. We would enjoy helping you determine which applications would be the best for your business. Just let us know how we can help.